Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Have a neighbor who keeps mowing my adjoining property in…

Have a neighbor who...

Have a neighbor who keeps mowing my adjoining property in indiana after being told not to. Large trees are in the line so a fence cannot be put up without removing the trees. He has only lived there less than 3 years. Can the trees b removed. Who pays for the marking of the property corners? Who pays for the line fence construction between us? Who pays for thetree removal so the fence can b constructed? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. He was verbally told and his reply was that he was going to continue to mow it and he went to the area at dark and mowed. It had been surveyed in the past10 years but the previous owner had pulled out one of the surveyor corner stakes so this guy knows thhe approximate location but is now trying to say the area in question is his, though it clearly is not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Indiana lawyer about this?

Not yet. Can a surveyor do a property corner marking instead of a full boundary suvey? What are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know the answers to the questions i have asked. Thanks

5/13/2018
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Ok

Good morning. The neighbor has no right to come onto your property and mow your lawn. If they are doing this, a cease and desist letter can be filed and if it continues, a lawsuit, to keep them off and sue them for damages. Now, if you want to put up a fence, you can on your property, and if the trees are on it as well, those can be removed if they belong to you. If this is how you want to proceed, you can and need to have the property surveyed, so you can see where the property line is and erect the fence but you need to incur the costs if this is what you want to do.

No for now just do the chat i paid for already. Thank you.

Yes, no problem. I responded above.

Ok please respond.

The neighbor has no right to come onto your property and mow your lawn. If they are doing this, a cease and desist letter can be filed and if it continues, a lawsuit, to keep them off and sue them for damages. Now, if you want to put up a fence, you can on your property, and if the trees are on it as well, those can be removed if they belong to you. If this is how you want to proceed, you can and need to have the property surveyed, so you can see where the property line is and erect the fence but you need to incur the costs if this is what you want to do.

There is no answer; just the same msg the lawyer is available online. What did i just pay $45 for? I have not gotten one piece of advice or answer to any wuestion i asked!

I just reposted it...

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

RealEstateAnswer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started