Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My godmother recently passed in Florida, at 95 years old, as…

Customer Question
My godmother recently passed...

My godmother recently passed in Florida, at 95 years old, as her beneficiary I found out she sold a parcel of land in 1990, in Middletown, NY. It is a balloon Mortgage until 2020. The Company that purchased it stopped paying in 2112, she was very ill , and her attorney had recently passed. there was no satisfaction on the Mortgage . Do I still have any legal rights? Jani Lin

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have only checked on the mortgage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

17-84 Route 211 E. Middletown, NY. , near the Middletown Motel.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The corporation that purchased it I believe owns the Motel.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/12/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. The property in question, your godmother is the legal owner?

she passed away this passed March in Florida, I am preparing paper for the attorney there.

Thanks
Has probate opened on her estate...if so what is the status (where are you at in the probate process)?