Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Barrister, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My mother in law passed away 7 years ago. Her home is
Richard, Owner
My mother in law passed away 7 years ago. Her home is mortgage free and my sister in law lives in the home as my husband and I have a home of our own. Both my husband and my sister in law are on the d… read more
Im offering on a home and have been told by my realtor, my
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, real estate lawyer
Im offering on a home and have been told by my realtor, my home and 17 others in the same area have recorded restrictions. I'm used to seeing "typical" restrictions such as garbage hunting shooting co… read more
My mother recently passed away. She left her house to me and
Barrister, Lawyer
My mother recently passed away. She left her house to me and my two brothers.She had a beneficiary deed and I sent in the necessary papers and I am waiting to receive it. She had a home equity loan an… read more
Paulmo, I need to appeal the foreclosure case. As you will
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
Hi Paulmo, I need to appeal the foreclosure case. As you will see- the judge was out of his mind. I am just about ready to send it to you. From time to time I would like to add the phrase, "this has b… read more
richard. You help me the other day. Here is a little
Richard, Owner
Hello richard. You help me the other day. Here is a little more detail to my issue. some of this may be redundant but i am stressing here over what options i have. Once again any advice or opinion on … read more
A couple of years back, my wives father passed away. He ran
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
A couple of years back, my wives father passed away. He ran a 10 acre parcel of Almonds that his parents left to him along with his sister and brother. The sister passed some years ago and his brother… read more
We are living in my mother-in-laws house and paying her mortgage
Roger, Litigation Attorney
We are living in my mother-in-law's house and paying her mortgage payment as rent. We just recently went through a bankruptcy and lost our home. My mother-in-law went through a bankruptcy but wanted t… read more
My Mother Passed away and was holding the mortgage for the
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My Mother Passed away and was holding the mortgage for the purchaser of her home in New York. The purchaser died 2 months before my mother. So our estate is suing his estate for the home. The attorney… read more
My mother died 1/30/12 and co-op is throwing out my sister
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
My mother has been living in a NY co-op for the past 16 years until her death 1/20/12. My sister has been living with her 14 of those years. Now that my mother died the co-op said my sister has 30 day… read more
Hello. In a nutshell here it is. A unique childhood friend
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
Hello. In a nutshell here it is. A unique childhood friend for 40 years where we've regarded each other "brothers" having living next to each other. He recently lost his mother and stands to inherit s… read more
My father recently passed away and we moved my mother in with
Ellen, Attorney
My father recently passed away and we moved my mother in with us. Our home is too small, so we needed to move to a larger one. My father's trust purchased the home. My mother also has a cottage up nor… read more
Hi, I got married a year ago to a wonderful man. He had 2
LawTalk, Attorney
Hi, I got married a year ago to a wonderful man. He had 2 children from prior marriage who he pays child support for. His prior divorce was not amicable. His wife and him split the cost of the tax and… read more
My dad bought my mom a house over 20 years ago. He made the
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
My dad bought my mom a house over 20 years ago. He made the downpayment and got the loan but never made any of the payments of paid the taxes, my mother did. My mother is very ill and we need to move … read more
I was working with a mortgage broker to obtain a residential
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
I was working with a mortgage broker to obtain a residential loan. He advised me East West Bank offered fixed rate loans for investment loans on residential properties. I was only interested in a fixe… read more
my mom recently passed away(NY state) and she had a mortage
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
my mom recently passed away(NY state) and she had a mortage on her house - I'm wondering how long the "estate" can hold the house before it is required to be transferred to a living person, as I dont … read more
Hello Counselors, Im in a very tight situation right now.
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hello Counselors, I'm in a very tight situation right now. I am a NY paying tenant in a private home for three years now and during this time I have been the sole caregiver for my landlady who recentl… read more
I am trying to pay off my mothers reverse mortgage balance
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
I am trying to pay off my mother's reverse mortgage balance (@$180,000) with a new home loan. Her condo was placed into a living trust in her name and was transferred as such with quit claim deed. I a… read more
Hi, I am an All-Inclusive Deed of Trust holder of the 2-Unit
Barrister, Lawyer
Hi, I am an All-Inclusive Deed of Trust holder of the 2-Unit residential property -Wrap-Around Mortgage, wich includes the 1st, original loan, and the 2nd, seller financing loan. The 2nd loan was due … read more