DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
Experience:  Partner at McCollum Hodgkinson, P.C.
101731067

I am trying to figure out if an amendment to our HOA docs

I am trying to figure out if an amendment to our HOA docs supersedes all the previous sections in the documents that discusses structural items for each townhome, or just the particular section that it is replacing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Specifically, the documents state that each homeowner is responsible for the glazed glass surfaces, doors, and HVAC systems. Does the verbiage "all buildings and improvements" in the amendment mean that these items will now be covered by the Master Association Policy since the association decided to insure our Homeowners Association like a Condo Association? (We individually own our units and the land it sits on and are legally a townhome)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am concerned that if we have a loss that I will be stuck paying out of pocket because I have an HO6 "walls in" policy that excludes the structural items I've mentioned, and our documents seem to exclude them from the association's responsibility too.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did all parts of my question go through successfully?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is anyone going to respond???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Has anyone been assigned to this question or do I need to re-enter it????

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - based on the information you have provided me you are still responsible for those items. The HOA will not cover those specific things.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Can you tell me if the other sections discuss maintenance/repair and replacement for wear and tear, does that change anything? Can one interpret the amendment to say the association has agreed to take responsibility and to insure all structures and improvements in the case of an insurance claim/loss?Also, the use of all structures and improvements, would that include closed in porch additions that existed at the time of the amendment? What about changes made to units after the amendment was written?

I would need you to accept my previous answer and ask the additional question in another thread as I am only allowed one question per thread - Then I can address another issue.