Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

In June 2017 tenant property was destroyed in ceiling leak.

Customer Question

In June 2017 tenant property was destroyed in ceiling leak. In verbal agreement, tenant agreed to money landlord would reimburse be used toward stair rug runner in hallways (2). Landlord agreed but runners were never purchased. In March 2018 tenant sent certified letter rescinding previous offer and requesting payment of $300 which is half the cost of replacing property with new item. To date no response from landlord.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Book case. No issues related to upkeep.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DamienJD replied 6 months ago.

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are you saying that you and the landlord agreed to the amount of reimbursement for the water damage in June 2017 and to date you have not been paid?