Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I filed bankruptcy, lost my home in a foreclosure and am…

Customer Question
I filed bankruptcy, lost...

I filed bankruptcy, lost my home in a foreclosure and am owing the HOA and they are coming after me for the money and will like to know if I am responsible , because I thought that it will be settled with the proceeds from the house . my house was foreclosed by my mortgage lender. Midland Mortgage.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Acworth, Georgia

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/8/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - Generally speaking when you filed for bankruptcy and your house was foreclosed upon you are no longer responsible for HOA fees.