Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I just completed a mortgage refi and now I’m applying for a…

I just completed a mortgage...
I just completed a mortgage refi and now I’m applying for a heloc , will they get title Ins again ?
5/8/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Is it with the same bank?
No
When different banks are used title is usually ordered again.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Ok let me ask on my mortgage the lender got title ins but I did not, is it possible-for me to get it now from that title company?
but it is better to comply with second bank protocol and coordinate with them
Your suggestion can be done but hey their consent first! Good luckPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Don’t understand , I want title ins for myself but people say that’s only when you buy a home not when you refi , can you buy title ins when you refi?
You can but seem unnecessary. Title insurance is bought when you have concern as to who owned it before and if they transferred title before sale.
If the bank has Ins and a lien is found that was not satisfied what would happen to me , because I don’t have Ins
Example I have a mortgage for $200,000 in the bank has title insurance they found a lien from 10 years ago for $100,000 what would happen to me
I see your concern. Why not just run a title search to see if any such liens.
OK I’m talking real
What would happen there is a lien
There is a lien
It depends on source of lien. If a judgment from creditor they would press for payment but it should not affect their secured position anyway.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I’m not getting my point across it was a mortgage from 20 years ago that a satisfaction which never posted
They gave Title insurance policy to my new lender
Let’s say the mortgage from 20 years ago comes back to haunt me because it was never satisfied, it was. But let’s say , they say it wasn’t. what would happen to me?
I would run a title search to see if any liens remain and then if exist explore title insurance.
If lien should have been satisfied you would need to ensure that lender now issues the satisfaction. A title insurer would want that too!
They didn’t care they issued a new policy to the new lender anyway
My issue is the new lender has a policy and I don’t , where does that leave me if it is found that the old lien not to have been satisfied ?
It is cheaper to get that lien satisfied but otherwise you can get insurance!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
what would happen to me ?who would pay to get it satisfied? me or the title ins co of the new lender ?
If paid then you would press that lender to remove it. If existed when title insurance issued the title company. The new lender will often assist too!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”We are normally rated per answer, not for a session.
Thank you! Please press the 5 star rating button or if easier reply “5 stars”.
Infolawyer, Lawyer