Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Does a person have to file a Egress / Regress document with…

Customer Question
Does a person have...

Does a person have to file a Egress / Regress document with the court house which records all transactions on the property you buy?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

The document was given to me 27 years ago to sign, when we purchased our home with acreage. I was after the fact and just signed the copy because it was preexisting. I received no copy from their lawyer, I just signed for the neighbor. I have no copy and went to the court house to see if they filed the Egress, not? 27 years later?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Customer:***** Gillette Wyoming, 82718.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/8/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Documents are recorded with the County Recorder of Land Records and not with the Court. So, you need to check your County Recorder's Office for the records.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I checked my county records office. No records of my neighbor's document with me or the past land owner, never filed ( in my real estate records )!

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,