Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is there a required distance betwenn a residence and the…

Is there a required...

Is there a required distance betwenn a residence and the property line in the town of frankfort, new york?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

The building already exists. There is a dispute as to the location of the property line. I want to know if there is a specific distance requirement between the residential structure and the neighboring property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a NY lawyer about this?

No. I am simply inquiring because the current distance from my residence to the property line contended by my neighbor is only 14 feet. This seems far too close to meet regulations, but I don't have the specific local distance requirement.

5/6/2018
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Do you know what your zoning designation is? I need that to find the answer in

http://www.villageoffrankfort.com/docs/2014-5-5_Zoning_Ordinance.pdf

Are you asking about the side yard setback requirements for residential properties?

I am asking about side yard setbacks for residential properties. I do not know what you are asking in regards ***** ***** designation.

For residential properties, the setback is 10 feet from the property line, meaning the neighboring houses must be at least 20 feet apart side to side.

N Cal Attorney

Thank you very much for the positive rating!