Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN A HOME THAT IS BEING PUT UP FOR SALE…

Customer Question
I HAVE BEEN LIVING...

I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN A HOME THAT IS BEING PUT UP FOR SALE AS I WRITE. THE LANDOWNER GAVE ME A GOOD AMOUNT OF NOTICE YET SHE KEPT CHANGING HER MIND THEN AGAIN A ND AGAIN OVER. SHE GAVE ME A 60DAY NOTICE BUT BEFOR THE EXPIRATION DATE SHE GAVE ME A WEEK BY WEEK AGREEMENT. NOW THAT THE PROPERTY HAS BEEN SOLD AND IS ENTERING ESCROW, SHE'S TELLING ME AND THE NEW OWNER TO BE I HAVE 7 DAYS TO LEAVE AFTER ESCROW IS COMPLETE. IM TEMPORARILY DISABLED, LIVE ON A C-PAP RESPIRATOR TO SLEEP. AND I CAN'T FIND HOUSING...ESPECIALLY AFTER THE SONOMA FIRES AND ALL THE DISPLACED FAMILIES. I NEED MORE TIME DUE TO HER CHANGING HER MIND AS OFTEN AS SHE HAD. AND MY DISABILITY INCOME IS NOT VERY MUCH TO FIND A PLACE.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

NONE...IM UNABLE TO FILE ALOT OF THINGS, IM 55YRS OLD WITH A 6TH GRADE EDUCATION. IM CAPABLE IF ASSISTED BUT OTHERWISE IN IN A RUT.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a ND lawyer about this?

NO. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MOVE FORWARD. SHE'S BASICALLY TRIEING TO TRICK ME TO MOVE ON MY OWN WILL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

ONLY THAT I HAVE BEEN HERE 6YRS WE STARTED AS A WELFARE FOR RENT AGREEMENT WITH SONOMA COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES SENDING HER DIRECT CHECKS FOR MY RENT. THEN AFTER AROUND 1-2 YEARS I FOUND A JOB THAT HAD ME PAYING THE RENT AGREED SAME AS THE COUNTY. SHE GETS MAD AND CHANGES AGREEMENTS TO ADD MORE INCREASED RENT DUE YET AGAIN VERBALLY CANCELLED THEM NOTICES TO ACCEPT AN AGREED AMOUNT. THE REASON FOR EVICTION IS STATED IN MY LAST NOTICE "SELLING PROPERTY"

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/1/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 21 days ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is this in CA?

.

How long have you lived there?

.

Has the sale of the house actually closed yet with a new owner taking over?

.

Or is it still in the process?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer