Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am renting a privately owned condo with a one year lease…

Customer Question
I am renting a...

I am renting a privately owned condo with a one year lease and want to break my lease. This property has been listed for sale for the most part of the last year, which was not disclosed to me when I signed the lease. After I was notified that it was for sale, a realtor entered while I was at work to show it without notifying me, and one showed up with buyers one morning without notifying me. I notified my management company and the listing was taken off the market. 4 or 5 weeks I saw on the internet that it was re-listed. In the past 3 months it has been shown at least 5 times a month, once 3 times in 5 days and once 2 times in 1 day. My management company has notified the owner and realtor but I have 6 more months on this lease and can't imagine that I could have a pet here (one of the reasons I chose this place) or grandkids and kids visiting from out of town without disruption. I've asked to be let out of my lease as I feel that my privacy is being invaded. I would never have signed this lease if I had known. The owner refuses to let me out. What are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. I have given written notice of intent to vacate by May 15. Owner refuses to let me out of my lease

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the condo located?

Treasure Island, FL

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/30/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

You mention the management company has informed the landlord about the realtor. Is the realtor now giving you notice or requesting access? Also, how often is it happening now after you continued to tell the management company?