Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We rented an apt to two women who have had a falling out and…

We rented an apt to...
We rented an apt to two women who have had a falling out and one has moved. The other remaining tenant cannot afford to pay the full rent and is seeking time to find another roommate. She is asking that we work with her on the matter. We don't really wish to keep her on if we don't have to. If the rent is not paid by the 10th, do we file a notice to quit and start an eviction in her name only or both parties to the lease?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/30/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

So to confirm, both of the names are ***** ***** lease?

You would serve it on both the tenants because each one is responsible for paying the full rent. You could collect from the one also. Even though the other vacated the premises, the other tenant's name is ***** ***** the lease. You would to get the order against both of them.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer