Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need a copy of the foreclosure notices (ups records) from…

I need a copy...

I need a copy of the foreclosure notices (ups records) from the purchase of the house which I purchased in an auction .the title company refuses ,and I cannot refinance

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

LAwrence ma

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I sue for disclosure ?

I got the house on an auction of a reo property
I did not buy title I surance at ClosingThe bank s attorney ,who closed the transfer,refused to give me a copy of the mail notices they were supposed to mail to the foreclosed owner,stating that “the file is closed”This has become an issue when I tried to finance the property,and I expect it will when I tr to sell
4/30/2018
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

I got the house on an auction of a reo property.

GOOD MORNING! I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a problem. I need a little clarification about the nature of the sale when you bought the property. You say it was an auction of an
REO property. That usually means you bought the property from the bank that foreclosed it and took it from the former owner. Is that correct? Or, did you buy it at the actual foreclosure sale auction? What puzzles me is that you should not have to provide the title company with documentation that the foreclosure sale was done correctly. If the title company questions some aspect of the foreclosure sale they will usually search the court records themselves. I am also puzzled by a supposed requirement of mailing the former owner a notice of some kind. That does not make sense, so I need a little more information about the exact nature of the auction sale itself.

I purchased the house at an auctionThe house had been foreclosed before and was owned by a bankWhen I tried to refinance ,inward asked for the proof that the proper foreclosure notices were given,ie they were looking for the copied of the certified mail receipts,.or the ups receiptI did not have them,and the law firm handling the auction did not want to supply them

Got it. You should not have to provide evidence to a title company that the foreclosure suit was conducted correctly. That is their job, and that is what the title insurance underwriter insures. The banks attorneys are not going to provide you with title evidence either. They are under no legal obligation to do so, unless the bank offered title insurance to the auction purchaser, which they could easily have done if they obtained title insurance themselves after the foreclosure sale. All you have to do is go to a title insurance agent who understands this process better than whoever you went to. I don't know what or who "inward" is, or how competent they are in this type of mortgage lending.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Can i sue for disclosure ?
Inward. Is a typo
Should be “ Lender s title Co “
I did NOT. Buy title insurance st
The time

I'm pretty sure I can get you on the right track with a phone call. You should not need to sue for anything.

I would like to do the phone call
But the “accept
This offer”button does not react ??

I submitted it a second time, so please try again. Thanks for your patience.

Irwin Law

No change
Botti. Does not respond

I put in a request to Just Answer to please fix the problem asap. Hopefully, they will get it done today. Irwin

I just received the following from Just Answer:

The Customer needs to mark the check box that they confirm a the terms of our site. After that button should be available.

I will be in court part of this morning, but I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

What is the basis for the additional charge of 38 dollars I noticed on my card ?

We experts are users of the website and we do not have anything to do with billing. You should call(###) ###-#### or(###) ###-#### You can also e-mail***@******.***. I am still not showing that you have accepted and my answer or the phone call offer.

I don't believe there should be a charge at this point. Did you try the instruction that I sent? Also. try calling JA's customer service(###) ###-#### You might also mention the telephone connection problem. If you wish I can proceed with an Answer from here. Please let me know.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Hi there. I can't tell if you have spoken with someone by phone yet. if not, I am submitting the phone conversation offer again. I hope that you are able to accepted at this time. I will be available all evening. That is, until about 11 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I might still waiting on a response re why I have been charged $ 38 where you agreed there was no basis for it yet

I don't know any more than before. Contact JA customer service and explain the situation to them. They'll know why there was a charge.