Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am living in my house which was sold at the beginning of…

I am living in...

I am living in my house which was sold at the beginning of March. They gave me an extension til May1. They have (the realtor and the lawyer) refuse to return our calls. They ar legitimate as they hae handled my real estate selllings before. I have one day left. The people who bought this house came by to ask the status. I guess they are concerned as they have a new baby. Is there something that the realtor and the lawyer are doing to extendthe sale? The las time I spoke to them they said the were chcking out title searches. The were not forthcoming about this for over a month.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No I have signed the purchase and sale agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Lynn MA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there possibly something they are doing to extend theMay 1 exit? And is there anything to stop it from throwing me out? I am 65 1/2 years old.

4/29/2018
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Can you clarify what happened? I ask because you shared you sold the home in March but are sharing that you have one day left and I am not sure what you mean by that?

they gave us until may 1 to vacate. I am confused as to why it has taken so long to for titles on a house that has been owned by the bank for 14+months. But they do not return calls. I think I wil go there Monday. There are people who bought this house who want to move in. We are both in a rock and a hard place.
thank you for your time.
Thank you and please allow me a moment
If you fail to move by the agreed upon day to vacate, you will be holding over and they could evict you. If the bank owed the home and someone bought it and there are issues with title, that is between them and the buyer. If you are a tenant and merely rent had a lease back and the time has expired you would need to vacate unless there is more than you are sharing above.
RealEstateAnswer