Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can you tell me the value of a life estate if the house is…

Can you tell me...

Can you tell me the value of a life estate if the house is sold for 122,000.00 the life tenant is 87

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

The house is under contract to sell

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Siler City NC

4/10/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

According to the NC HHS actuarial tables, the value of the life estate interest for an 87 year old individual is 32.262%.

So, for a sale price of $122,000, the life estate value is $39,359.64

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

wow that's a lot
owner is in a nursing home and qualified for medicaid
can anything be done to prevent the home from getting that money?
can you call me on(###) ###-####i don't gave good cell service here
Cathy

You would need to request a phone call (it is a premium service and there is an extra charge).

Then I can accept and call you.

Loren, Lawyer
Phone call session started
I spoke with Loren and he provided me with the info i needed. he was very helpful