How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sean K Your Own Question
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Attorney/Member in Private Law Firm
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sean K is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a house in East Carbon, Utah that my ex-

This answer was rated:

My daughter has a house in East Carbon, Utah that my ex- husband was renting with option to buy. There was no legal document stating he would own the house once it was paid off. He left the house and said he was moving to Arizona and told my daughter she could do what she wanted with his stuff that was left in the house. I am her mother I paid $5026.20 that was left owing on the house. Now my ex- husband called the police office and he told my daughter she has to leave the house until his stuff is out, which will be this coming Tuesday... I don't believe that he is to be on the property where he does not own it. Please advise.
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: What type of paper work. The house is in her name only. He has no legal documents stating he was renting the house with option to buy, He was just paying the Escrow company monthly as if renting.
JA: Have they talked to a UT lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like I said I paid the house off... It is in her name ONLY. His name is ***** ***** documents.

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

Has your daughter been contacted by the police in East Carbon?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they told her to leave the property until his stuff is out.

Did she explain to them that she is the owner of the house and that he has not lease or any claim to the house?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

How long has he been out of the house?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Call me at(###) ###-####

JustAnswer offers a phone call service and I am happy to speak to you but the call has to go through JustAnswer. I always like to tell folks that there is the charge for the dialogue the we have here and JustAnswer charges an addition fee for the phone call.

Sean K and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He lived in the house since 2013

Link here to Utah Landlord Tenant Laws

See the section of Notices and Entry.