Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Loren, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
Charlotte, NC Im a landlord and sent out an addendum to my
Marsha411JD, Doctoral Degree
Charlotte, NC I'm a landlord and sent out an addendum to my lease, Are the tenants required to sign the addendum in order to be held responsible for the change? Change is regarding requirements for ge… read more
Can a landlord increase a tenants (business) rent from $450.00/month
Loren, Lawyer
Can a landlord increase a tenants (business) rent from $450.00/month to $625.00 after one year AND require the tenant to go on a month to month agreement?… read more
I am a landlord signed 12-month lease with current tenant
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
I am a landlord signed 12-month lease with current tenant last year. The lease end on 05/01/2016. I send email to tenant to ask her if she want to renew 12-month lease. The rent will keep same if she … read more
I have tenants who signed a 12 month lease with an addendum
Loren, Lawyer
I have tenants who signed a 12 month lease with an addendum after 7 mos. The addendum states that after a seven month period, they have to give a 60 written notice, and allow signs in windows, and kee… read more
I am a landlord and I am thinking of increasing the rent, month
BartEsq
BartEsq, Attorney
I am a landlord and I am thinking of increasing the rent, month to month rental agreement, no increases in last 3 years, ventura area is there a "rent control" as to how much can be increased?… read more
After a lease has ended, and the tenant continues to rent month
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
After a lease has ended, and the tenant continues to rent month to month, can a landlord increase rent… read more
im a landlord in massachusetts and my tenant signed a month
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
i'm a landlord in massachusetts and my tenant signed a month to month lease contract with me. She paid me rent on December 31, 2009 for january 2010. She also gave me a security deposit equal to one m… read more
I am a landlord. I signed a month to month contract with 2
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I am a landlord. I signed a month to month contract with 2 tenants about a year ago. It is month to month, but our contract clearly states that we have to give eachother 60 days notice. They have juit… read more
i am a landlord renting a property in Washington state. Tenant
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
i am a landlord renting a property in Washington state. Tenant is in month 6 of a 12 month lease. They have vacated the property but are still currently paying rent. They have caused damage to blinds … read more
I am a landlord in CA. My home is rented to tenants on a month-to-month
Loren, Lawyer
I am a landlord in CA. My home is rented to tenants on a month-to-month contract. I put the home on the market and at first my tenants were amenable to showing the house but have begun to decline to l… read more
My landlord requires a new lease agreement signed to stay in
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My landlord requires a new lease agreement signed to stay in the apartment. The rent increases in step with shorter leases. For example, a 12-14 month lease is $610 per month while a 1-3 month lease i… read more
How much notice is required from a landlord for the tenant to sign a new lease I am o
Ray, Lawyer
How much notice is required from a landlord for the tenant to sign a new lease? I am on a month to month lease currently. The landlord on July 13, 2010 dropped off a new lease to look at dated July 1,… read more
Are landlords in Florida required to give notices of rent increase
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
Are landlords in Florida required to give notices of rent increase in writing when the tenant has a lease… read more
I am the landlord,and I have rent to own contract with my tenants.
David L
David L, Doctoral Degree
I am the landlord,and I have rent to own contract with my tenants. In the contract it gives no date as to when to pay the taxes. I received a delinquent tax notice which shows they never paid. I sent … read more
I am a tenant in a rental house. My 12 month lease contract
BartEsq
BartEsq, Attorney
I am a tenant in a rental house. My 12 month lease contract expires this month (September 30th). I informed my landlord on September 20th I would not be signing a new lease and would vacate the proper… read more
I am a landlord. I have a lease for a 12 month period. Tenant
Marsha411JD, Doctoral Degree
I am a landlord. I have a lease for a 12 month period. Tenant provided first and last month rent, as well as a security deposit. They moved after 4 months. I understand I must provide an accounting of… read more
I am a landlord and I have a tenant that was supposed to sign
AlanM
AlanM, Law Degree
I am a landlord and I have a tenant that was supposed to sign an addendum to the lease agreement adding his name to the lease but did not now he says that he can't pay his rent which doesn't really bo… read more
I am a landlord in Florida. My signed contract states: "Tenant
Barrister, Lawyer
I am a landlord in Florida. My signed contract states: "Tenant shall pay a late fee equal to $25.00 per day, beginning the day after the due date for each payment that is not paid within 5 days after … read more