Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Are you avaialable, ihave a few questions reguarding my

Customer Question
Hi are you avaialable ...

Hi are you avaialable

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Hello

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Hi ihave a few questions reguarding my home

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Fernley nv

Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/4/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 15 days ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me your question?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Can you call?

The site should offer you a telephone call option.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Can i terminate a month to month lease in the middle of the month?
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I am the landlord

What are the grounds for termination?

“Notice Requirements for Nevada Landlords

In most situations your landlord does not need to give you a reason (although acting on discriminatory or retaliatory motives is illegal). A landlord can simply give you a written notice to move, allowing you 30 days as required by Nevada law and specifying the date on which your tenancy will end. Tenants who are 60 years or older or physically or mentally disabled may request an additional 30 days’ possession, but only if they have complied with basic tenant obligations as set forth in Nev. Rev. Stat. § 118A (termination notices must include this information).

Your landlord may legally provide less less notice in specific circumstances--for example, if you have not paid rent, if you have violated other terms of your rental agreement (for example, bringing in an unauthorized tenant), or if you have violated basic responsibilities imposed by law (such as by dealing drugs on the rental property)…” https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/nevada-notice-requirements-terminate-month-month-tenancy.html

Is this a no cause termination?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
They normally pay on the 1st yea

Is this a no cause termination?

Perfect.

They have thirty calendar days from the date the notice is served.

"Thirty (30) calendar days after service of this notice to vacate and leave the rental unit (because you have a periodic tenancy which is not week-to-week). NRS aO.251 (1 )(a)(2)." https://www.washoecounty.us/rjc/files/forms/form_civil_eviction_landlord_notice-no-cause.pdf

This is a sample form of No-Cause Notice:

https://www.washoecounty.us/rjc/files/forms/form_civil_eviction_landlord_notice-no-cause.pdf

This can be used in any county in Nevada.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

I wanted to make sure that the information I provided to you was helpful?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney