Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am so frustrated this morning! :). Well - the situation is…

Customer Question
Hello - i am...

Hello - i am so frustrated this morning! :)

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well - the situation is that we live in a rural area - and there is property located behind our house that is now for sale. We have a private driveway on our 2 acres, but the real estate company selling the land has put signs out in front of our drive - which i think is legal and an easement - however!... i called them and asked about the property as we were thinking to buy it since it is next to us. And the realtor told me (she did not know that i lived near the property) to just use the private drive and "try to not bother the people that live there". Since they put up the signs we have had a non-stop flow of traffic in our driveway! so i am trying to find out if i have any rights to tell them to move the signs, update the listing to say it is not accessible from the drive, etc..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have posted signs that say "private property - Keep Out" that is it :)

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
The other thing is that we have lived here for 5 years and the driveway is open so you can just drive up. Would putting a gate up prevent us from being liable if someone trespassed and got hurt, etc..? Also - i really want the realtor to have to stop with indicating to people that they can just use our drive
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. You may demand they remove the sign and note the change it has caused and adverse effects.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Tina, Lawyer