Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Purchased a new home from in, TX back in December 2016.As it…

Customer Question
Purchased a new home from...
Purchased a new home from in Anna, TX back in December 2016.As it came time to discuss our home owner�s warranty issues with our builder in December 2017, we identified that we had sloping/unlevel floors with our 2nd story flooring.First comment from our contact at builder was it was just cosmetic and they would just need to float the floor to correct the issue.After additional visits from builder's engineer and flooring partner, they still do not have a definitive decision on the cause and the corrective action, which is now into the sixth week.Our biggest concern is if after our home gets repaired, and if we were to sell, we would have to disclose the work that was done and thus impact our ability to get Market Value.Hence the reason we are reaching out to you for your legal services to help us determine what our rights are as a homeowner. Can we legally get the builder to buy the home back or cover any lose if sold for less than market value. Thanks
Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/4/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 18 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I am willing to wait. Thanks
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You would need your own expert here to see whether it is correctable and affects property values or not.If you can show permanent loss of value you can sue here with lawyer and seek legal fees and court costs.

You may want to consider your own expert here to look at house to see if can be fixed or not.I mean you can ask the builder yourself and then decide if you want to sue and then get lawyer and expert.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer