Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a lease purchase on a business, they were 4 months…

Customer Question
I have a lease...

I have a lease purchase on a business, they were 4 months behind on rent, they paid 2 months, so thy are caught up thru Dec. of 2017, as of April 1st they are again 4 months behind. We use an attorney for the original paperwork, and we just had to pay the property taxes on it because they were not paid. My question is, do I have to use an attorney again, or can I just go thru the Justice of the Peace?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes, we had them evicted in Jan., but they caught up on the payments, he said he was willing to sign it back over to us today, just to bring the paperwork to him. It is a mess, the insurance has lapsed and being the business is in his name, I cannot get ins. on it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

He is back in th building now, actually sleeping in it, we told him yesterday we were coming today to change the locks and he said he was good with that, but he is still in there. Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did you actually get a judgment of eviction through the courts?

.

But you didn't follow through with it then to legally evict him and have the sheriff or constable remove him?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you

Ok, did you see my questions?

.

.

Tina, Lawyer