Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We were scheduled to close on March 6. After being approved…

Customer Question
We were scheduled to...

We were scheduled to close on March 6. After being approved for an FHA loan. We had all signed all the paperwork. Lender told us to release EMD to seller on March 9th because we still had not closed. On march 13 lender said we were not qualified for an FHA due to underwriter just noticed buyers were not related and only one was going to occupy. We lost our EMD and also the rental we had costing us additional deposit on another place to live.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Murrieta,Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We refused to sign the cancellation of escrow asking for the EMD first. Escrow closed it without our signature.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/3/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 24 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tina, Lawyer