Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My title still has my mother's name on it and she is

Customer Question
My title still has...

My title still has my mother's name on it and she is deceased. How do I fix this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Customer:***** El Paso, TX 79924

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/2/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No problem.

You will need local El Paso lawyer to make application for intestate probate.Intestate means no will.You will be named personal representative and can deed it to yourself as part of probate.Texas case law requires you to have a lawyer, you cannot do this pro se.

Probate lawyer here

If you are in need of an attorney in the El Paso County area and don’t know where to turn, start with the Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS). Call the El Paso Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service at(###) ###-####between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, or you can email your request to Nancy Gallego at *****@******.***.

Probate takes about 6 months.If there are other assets such as car titles, bank accounts you are able to access these once you are named the PR for the estate and receive letters of administration from the judge.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Let me know if you have more.

The lawyer will need the death certificate and deed to your parent.

You can see where it all happens here,

http://www.epcounty.com/clerk/probate_civil.htm

Ray, Lawyer