Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My home was in foreclosure when private investors offered to…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My home was...
Second opinion] My home was in foreclosure when private investors offered to buy it. My understanding was that they were going to fix it up and resell it. They did not do a title transfer as they did not want to pay for it twice. 2 months later one of the buyers decided he was going to live in the home and pay rent. They sent me another contract to sign stating they were going to use home as a rental no longer than jyne 2019. They would be keeping the loan in my name and they would pay off all liens. When they habe been late on payments im the one getting phone calls and letters and they have not paid off the lein. What options do I have?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/2/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If they aren't paying the debt on time and in full, then they are damaging your credit further than it is now and are in breach of the contract. With that said, since you are the legal owner of the property, you can file suit against them for breach of contract as they are just using your property to try to turn a profit without any real investment of their own.

.

I might also contact the state Attorney General's Consumer Protection division and file a formal complaint for deceptive business practices to see if the AG would intervene here..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much