Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a seller and the buyer is denying me the right to cure.

Customer Question
I am a seller...

I am a seller and the buyer is denying me the right to cure. How would that impact me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Listing is done and I am considering an offer

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope, just that question

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/1/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In any contract, before you can be held liable to the buyer for breach of contract, they have to give you the reasonable opportunity to cure the breach. If they fail to give you reasonable chance to cure, you can seek to pursue the buyer for them breaching the contract in that they did not give you a reasonable chance to fix the alleged breach they are claiming.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.