Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in texas, my wife passed away. my warranty deed says…

Customer Question
I live in texas...

I live in texas, my wife passed away. my warranty deed says husband and wife grantee. do i have too go thru full probate?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

50 dollars for consultation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this?

Have not heard back from them

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 21 days ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

Does the deed state anything about "joint tenancy" or "right of survivorship"?

Did your late wife leave a last will?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
no joint tenacy. yes we have a will

Unfortunately, without a right of survivorship, the interest is determined by the will and it will need to be admitted for some form of probate.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you spinning your wheels.

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 19 days ago

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer