Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am in one piece of real estate that are owned by for

Customer Question
I am in one...

I am in one piece of real estate that are owned by for individuals as tenants in common. If one of them is willing to give me his order what can be done to the deed so no property tax is impacted

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I am in one piece of real estate that are owned by for individuals as tenants in common. If one of them is willing to give me his order what can be done to the deed so no property tax is impacted no

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

San Francisco California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

San Francisco California

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/1/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Prepare new Deed with the Four Owners as the Grantors then to you and the other three owners as the Grantees for love and affection, for a dollar.

All current four owners MUST sign the new Deed in front of a Notary Public.

The new Deed would then be recorded with the County Land Recorder with the proper recording fees. You need to contact the County for the fee.

Use the current Deed as sample.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The for your answer. Is this a very common practice used? From your answer, it seems you are not a real estate lawyer in San Francisco, Calif. the reason for saying that is I know San Francisco has very strict renters/real estate laws.

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, I am not licensed in California. However, I do not understand what renters have to do with the question about changing owners on the property.

Nonetheless, I will opt out to give a California licensed Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,