Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a new pa condo board president (who does not have board…

Customer Question
Can a new pa...

Can a new pa condo board president (who does not have board members yet) change the proxy form?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

He has changed the form so that an owner can not solicit votes (tell people who to vote for and write in that name) as well as solicit votes from more than one person.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the condo located?

Pennsylvania. The new form appears to me fairer than the old one. Previously the proxy and the stated who was running, plus a blank for write-ins. However, at the voting meeting nominations could be taken from the floor. If your vote was via proxy, it was too late to vote for the new nominee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The new proxy Can be voted at the election. The owner has given the right (written authorization) for the proxy owner to vote in their stead. Previous the president (who just resigned) solicited votes from the proxy owners (people who never came to meetings) and also voted for all the units rented and held by the rental company.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/30/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The form can only be changed by the majority of the serving board.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
The problem is that there is no serving board. The election is to appoint new board members.
The form cannot be changed until board elected and then by majority vote.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksIf you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Awaiting your reply, thank you!