Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Received a 60 day quit notice but I am part owner of the…

Customer Question
Received a 60 day...

Received a 60 day quit notice but I am part owner of the which is in probate

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes, to be Administrator, but was denied because my lawyer made false statements to the judge after I specifically informed him otherwise prior to the statement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

618 N. Poinsettia Ave., Compton, Ca. 90221

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That my brother and I do not want to sell the house at this time, but if we must we need more time because of school and business

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/30/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 23 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Who sent you the 60-day notice to quit and why?

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
the court has already approved an Administrator because of the issue I explained previously, who happens to be the lawyer for my mentally disabled brother, which also the court assigned. I have two brothers living. The Administrator sent the 60-day notice. She called me in October 2017 saying that she was Administrator for the property (which court filings dispute, but two months later became factual) and stated she wanted to set up an appointment her, a real estate agent and myself. I told her that she was not the Administrator at that time. She said "That's Fine", and hung up the phone. I have not had communication with her until March 29, 2018 when a courier knocked on my door at approximately 6:30pm and handed me a "Sixty Day Notice To Quit Premises".
My question is can you be evicted from your house prior to it being sold? What recourse do we have? What rights do my brother and I have? This house has been in our family for fifty years (1968). We accept the fact that the house has to be sold because of greed, but we need time also to get our situation straight.
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 22 days ago

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not see your previous post regarding this issue. So, I still do not know why the 60-day is being given. Could you please provide some background information on this case including all the relevant parties.

Thank you for your cooperation and for your patience.

Tina, Lawyer