Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a business with 3 locations and liens. I need to sell…

Customer Question
I have a business with...
I have a business with 3 locations and liens. I need to sell my two newest locations . My question is that almost all of my liens pertain to my first location, and I acquired our new locations last fall. Do my liens from my first location affect asset purchase of the two new stores? The two new stores are in two different cities, in a different county.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

They only affect here if they are secured by all locations.Otherwise you need only clear out the ones that secure that particular property you are trying to sell.You may want to check with title company to see which liens pertain to which location so you know what needs to be resolved.

Since you are selling only the two newest ones you need only address any liens that pertain to those locations.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Good luck with the sale.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer