Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I sold my house in Culpeper. I had gotten an agent to help…

Customer Question
I sold my house...

I sold my house in Culpeper. I had gotten an agent to help me. Another agent from a different agency brought a buyer to my house for approval. The person bought the house. I had not signed papers with this agency nor asked for her help. At the closing they took 6% each . I signed a agreement with only one agent to sell my house. Now I find out that my agent should of shared her portion with the other agency.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have all of the paperwork of the sale

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Culpeper, Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I need advise

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/29/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Did you sign anything that stated what you would pay to both the buyer's agent and yours, for commission? Was this pointed out to you at closing? Prior to closing when you looked at the closing documents, was this seen by you?