Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a home in Hammond Indiana, (7234 Jarnecke ) 46324, it…

Customer Question
I have a home in...
I have a home in Hammond Indiana , (7234 Jarnecke ) 46324, it has been wrongfully put on demolition list, I have a month left, my question would be are there any loopholes where if I quit claim the property to someone would buy me more time to renegotiate and coming to compliance? If not what is legitimate way to sell the property quickly? I'm open to auctions, finding the best investor, etc. There is a new train coming through call the west lake expansion of the South Shore and we are three blocks from it. Construction starts soon and property values are going through major increases. The house is worth $75,000 on Zillow and probably needs 15,000$ in repairs.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator
I am terribly sorry to hear this.
One can apply to the court seeking an injunction to stay any demolition orders and even to reverse it if it was made in error. It would be best to hire an attorney for assistance due to the complexity of inunction proceedings.
A quit claim can be voided if the court determined it had no true intent to transfer the property.A realtor should be able to discuss local options regarding quick sales or even possibly an investor that can arrange to make the required repairs.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.