Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm a first time home buyer ,looking at a sale contract for…

I'm a first time...

I'm a first time home buyer ,looking at a sale contract for sale by owner. what steps do I need to do to protect my self, property is for sale "As is"

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

He has sent me a general sale contract on a verbal price we came to so far.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Sims Nc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How and can I look up public records on the property? I tried google but , not any deep info.

3/28/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Normally would have counsel. Should get title insurance to ensue clear title and any liens satisfied. You also want to inspect the premises personally and potentially with an engineer or contractor for any defects or problems. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
but if being sold as is , what happens if inspectors finds big problem like well or septic? Am I stuck?
You want it all done before you sign a contract or require some warranties.
You at the very least need clean title.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
thanks but not at this time.
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer