Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm a disabled Vet and have been living in my place of

Hi, I'm a disabled...

Hi, I'm a disabled Vet and have been living in my place of residence over 4 years. We recently signed a new lease that was to go for one year and end in December 2018. Three weeks after we signed my landlord gave me a lease termination letter citing that she wants her daughter to live in the place. I think this is a violation of the lease and I would like to know my options.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No We have until 20 April and she did say (verbaly) we could stay longer if needed

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the residence located?

Lancaster, CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have never been late. The one time we were it was caused by a bank error and we immediately rectified the situation. I am on a fixed income.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Does the written lease allow for early termination of it?

DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer
No, I have a copy with me.
Phone call session started