Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

IS A CITY LEGALLY PERMITTED TO INTERPRET THE ZONING BYLAW…

IS A CITY LEGALLY...

IS A CITY LEGALLY PERMITTED TO INTERPRET THE ZONING BYLAW DIFFERENTLY FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN THE SAME ZONE?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

I have contacted the ombudsman who has referred me back to the City of Coquitlam's City Clerk. He was supposed to get back to me on Monday but has failed to do so. I have met with both the Mayor and City Planner but both do not want to listen or look at what is happening.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

The property is located in the Burke Mountain area of Coquitlam. There have been constant issues with the bylaws since day 1 and the city has constantly verbally changed their interpretation as issues arise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I would really like to speak to someone

3/28/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

It must be applied equally to all, without discrimination or disparate treatment. Decisions cannot be arbitrary and capricious, and if they are they may be challenged in court.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Infolawyer, Lawyer