Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a lien be place on property against the buyer where the…

Customer Question
Can a lien be...

Can a lien be place on property against the buyer where the property is owner financed and seller retains title until the loan is satisfied and can the property be sold without satisfying the liens against the property

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

A sales contract was signed with current owners and the liens were for loans in default . theses were found on the title search but the person stills owns the title until the contract between him and the current owners are satisfied.This lean is also filed and on record

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I proceed with purchase without the liens from other creditors being satisfied since they don't actually own the property

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/28/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 3 months ago

A lien can be placed upon just about any property. "The amount of lien will be added to your closing costs and will be paid by escrow at closing. The amount of the lien will come from the seller's proceeds." https://www.realtor.com/news/real-estate-news/how-are-liens-handled-when-a-home-is-sold/ Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, if you wouldn't mind could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS is always appreciated! You can still ask follow up questions after rating - and of course please ask if you need clarification to anything I've written. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.