Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have an investment property on a residential area and i…

Customer Question
I have an investment...

I have an investment property on a residential area and i intend to rent it out to a home care business (which i am a part owner as well).. Do I have a legal reponsibility as an OWNEr if something happened to the patient of our business?.. Won'

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do i need to have a separate insurance? From the business?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/28/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You could be liable as owner. You could require that tenant have insurance but should carry your own insurance and your insurance broker can help determine appropriate liability coverage policy. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!