Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in jeffersontown my. They have came up with an

Customer Question
I live in jeffersontown...

I live in jeffersontown my. They have came up with an ordinance that says you cannot park your car in your yard. I park my car in front of my house due to a car hitting it a few years back. Is it legal for them to be able to tell them what you can do on your own property. I do not live where there is a homeowners association.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I sent a email telling them why I park there and never got a reply but then they fined me 100 dollars.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Jeffersontown Ky

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/28/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 27 days ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. It is only legal fir them to limit parking if there is an ordinance that requires this? Did they provide you with the ordinance number that you are allegedly violating?

Tina, Lawyer