Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Having trouble with our neighbors, just posted no

Customer Question
Having trouble with our...

Having trouble with our neighbors, just posted no trespassing sights. What rights do I have

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

What kind of paperwork?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Customer:***** Albertville Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The law has been called before

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/27/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I suggest a security camera here too.If they trespass call the police and show them the tapes.You can get cameras at Amazon pretty cheap.With signs and cameras you should be protected.Call the cops here if they violate the signs.

Criminal trespass in Alabama occurs when someone remains or enters unlawfully upon the premises of another. Criminal trespass and Alabama is either first,second, or third degree.

Criminal trespass first-degree involves a person who knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a structure which is normally used for sleeping, lodging, or living. Criminal trespass in the first-degree is a Class A misdemeanor which may be punishable by fine and the jail sentence of up to one year.

Criminal trespass second-degree involves a person who knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a building or upon some real property which is fenced or enclosed in such a manner that it is designated to exclude intruders. Criminal trespass second degree can occur when a person trespasses onto private property which is posted with no trespassing signs. From a trespass second-degree is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine and a jail sentence not to exceed 90 days.

Criminal trespass third-degree occurs when a person knowingly enters or remains unlawfully on any premises. Criminal trespass third-degree is a violation under Alabama law which is punishable by a fine and up to 30 days in jail.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you

Prayers to you with all of this, thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

Ray, Lawyer