Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The association is not doing well. We had a meeting and they…

Customer Question
The association is not...

The association is not doing well. We had a meeting and they are paving the parking lot and they did the opposite of what we agreed on. the assessment is 1340 which I think is quite high.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, I don't know what paperwork to file. There are several other people that are outraged though.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

West Bend, WI

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, I personally was late with fees and there is a lien on my condo but they do not tell me I was going have a lien they just went and did it and I was highly critical of their methods. I have a payment plan and am not late now.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/28/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I'll wait
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are you saying the board ruled to pave the lot but you disagree with its decision?

We agreed with a different decision that they were going to implement and then they did the opposite. it was supposed to cost 700 and the assessment is for 1340.

I see. It sounds like you are claiming that the board breached its fiduciary duty. Is there a way to vote the board out?