Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My husband up and left right in the middle of moving to a…

Customer Question
My husband up and...

My husband up and left right in the middle of moving to a new house and now he refuses to sign the paper work on the house now the realtor is telling me that we have two weeks to move out. Please help me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

In byhalia ms

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont know where he is just where he is working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Im still waiting
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please clarify:

1) What are you attempting to achieve here? Divorce? Stay in the home? Etc.

2) Why must you move? Did you and your husband SELL the home? Has the contract been executed?

STAY IN THE HOUSE AND MY HUSBAND IS THREATENING TO PULL THE CONTRACT IF I DON'T MOVE OUT SO HE CAN MOVE BACK IN CONTRACT IS IN PROGRESS

So you do have a contract that both YOU and YOUR HUSBAND signed to sell the home. Correct?

JUST MOVED TO THE NEW HOME CONTRACT STILL IN PROGRESS AND HE WANTS ME TO MOVE OUT AND HE WILL CLOSE ON THE NEW HOUSE AS LONG AS IM OUT OF IT
I CAN'T AFFORD YOUR 59.00 RIGHT NOW I DONT WORK

He cannot make you relocate without your agreement. Just because he is your husband does not mean he can tell you what to do.

can he cancel the contract on the house i'm in now
he has already talk to the agent and is trying to cancel the contract
we have another house in tunica that is paid for but cant stay there right now due to flooding issues
we also have a daughter and a grandson living with us

I am sorry I am having a tough time understanding what you are asking exactly. Can you please be more specific/coherent about what happened?

my husband left the home this sunday will be a month ago we were in the process of buying the house we are in now so he has contacted the selling agent and is threatening to pull the contract if i don't move out so he can move back in and we have a daughter and a grandson living with us and what i need to know is what i can do to stop the canceling of the contract so i dont have to move out. We have another house in tunica ms that is paid for but can't stay there right now due to flooding. I need to know my options

Thank you. I am afraid that someone in you situation cannot lawfully breach the contract for the closing, even given the circumstances. Now you can simply decide to breach and walk away from the closing, but if so, then the other party may sue or otherwise try to seek legal remedy.

I am sorry to say that if the contract has already been signed, there is no way to walk away unless you can claim the other side tricked you somehow. The domestic issues in your marriage do not give you the ability to breach the contract sale.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

my husband is wanted to breach the contract and since i don't work do i have any options as for staying in the house

See my answer above. Did you not see it?