Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I bought a house in Lake stevens in January 2018 from a

Hello I bought a...

Hello I bought a house in Lake stevens Washington in January 2018 from a couple that owned it for 1 year and before I made an offer I reviewed the disclosures looking for defects in the foundation, and plumbing. The disclosures we were given stated there was no defects in foundation or plumbing. Now that we have moved in and began remodeling I discovered a large crack through a 6' section of the foundation, and it appears that it has been investigated at some point because all the dirt is removed only around the area of the crack. Do I have any legal recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Nothing. Other than I started calling foundation specialists to have a professional opinion on the extent of the defect, but have yet to schedule at this point.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When I made the offer on the house I waived my right to an inspection, after reviewing that there was no defects identified in the disclosures.

3/27/2018
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
Hello. Let me see if I can assist.
Give me a moment to review and type my reply.
If the seller knew of the problem and failed to disclose the existence of the problem on the Form 17 Seller Disclosure Statement, the seller may be liable to the buyer for negligent or intentional misrepresentation. If the seller took steps to cover the problem up, the seller may be liable to the buyer for fraudulent concealment.
Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
Lori
Lori
Lori, Lawyer