Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I moved into a house for rent on 10/1/2017 and signed a one…

Customer Question
Hello - I moved...

Hello - I moved into a house for rent on 10/1/2017 and signed a one year lease. Now the owners themselves have moved into the home for the past 2 months and have began rearranging my belongings. Enterting my private bedroom, moving my things, etc. They have unofficially asked me to move because the want to sell the property, I have only been here 4 months. They have also listed the property for sale and have been having open house for the past 2 months.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, I haven't done anything yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

In San Pedro, CA - Los Angeles County

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No! Thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/27/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Were the owners/ landlord originally supposed to share dwelling of the house? Was that written into the lease?

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, I just wanted to make sure you received my prior message? It read:

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!