Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

IF an HOA had elected 5 board members for the past 4 years…

Customer Question
IF an HOA had...

IF an HOA had elected 5 board members for the past 4 years and suddenly, after an annual election took place and 5 board members were elected in 2018, do the Association Management company has the right to say, "we made a mistake" the board should only consists of 3 board members without notifying the community?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Reached out management company (no response from their part), only from their attorney that it was a mistake. All stem from the President of the board asking another one to resign, so he found a way to kick the person out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Sanford, FL

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/28/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Your Question:

Response: No. Notice must be sent to the community and a general meeting held to discuss the issue and come to agreement as to what the solution would be.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.