Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a small house in Hemet CA, and have been allowing my…

I have a small...

I have a small house in Hemet CA, and have been allowing my adult disabled son live there rent free with no written agreement. He has allowed a young troubled woman and her infant daughter to live there! We have tossed her out three times, and she is back, doing meth, etc....she was never given permission to be there. What steps do I need to take?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Nothing yet. I got my son out of there last night....she has introduced him to meth! He is on a large cocktail of bipolar meds and meth is not his friend.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

Not yet...I put a request in, but haven't heard back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I am so upset...very recent widow and this young woman is pretty street smart...we are just average nice people

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Ok
No. I paid the $45.00, and don’t want to pay more right now.

You can send 3 day notice to quit here and then file forcible entry and detainer.Set the rent high here in the notice so she will not pay.

Sample notice

https://lawlibrary.org/download/67.pdf

Forcible entry and detainer forms

http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/civil/ud/ud_overview.shtml

The process here is going to take 30-45 days at least.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

You may want to consider a lawyer to evict , you can find one here

Contact the State Bar for Help

I figured that. Thank you.

You are so welcome prayers to you here.Thanks fo rating 5 stars at top of page.

Ray, Lawyer