Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I entered in listing agreement to sell my house on 03/09/18.

I entered in listing...

I entered in listing agreement to sell my house on 03/09/18. and based on unsatisfactory with the broker performance I decided to cancel this agreement. I sent termination letter to the broker on 03/23 because she didn't do any thing (there is no yard sign, no MLS listing, no photo, no copy of agreement). now the broker refuse to sign the termination letter with unconditional. she asked me to pay $ 500 to sign but without unconditional. I want to release from this agreement, Im unhappy with this broker. help please.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I signed the contract on 03/09 as I mentioned and canceled on 3/23. by sent termination letter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

At Dearborn heights michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know how I can release from this contract early to sell my house with another active agent without be in problem with old broker

3/28/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I will wait just couple days if I don't get an answer you can cancel this question.
Thanks for your kindly respond.
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Does the original listing agreement provide terms of how either party can terminate it?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm not sure for this part. but she is didn't give the copy for my record.
Did you get a response to your letter?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I didn't, I sent on 3/24. Advise please.

See, you entered into a contract. There is no way to know if there is a termination clause (a way out) or when the term ended. You need to get a copy of it. If there is no termination clause, then you would have to argue that the other party breached the contract, which you do. However, we do not know the other party's position nor the terms of the agreement. So, now you have to wait to see what the other party states. The only way to terminate the agreement is through the terms of the agreement. Otherwise, each party can claim the other party breached the agreement or defend against such claim.

Separately, a court can always declare or decide the other party breached the agreement.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you so much. I'm satisfied with your answer. I'll wait to check the termination clause and then act.
Rate 5/5

You are very welcome.
You can rate the 5 stars on your page. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney