Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am looking for an estimate of real estate attorney closing…

I am looking for...

I am looking for an estimate of real estate attorney closing costs in Rhode Island. I am the seller

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No I havent

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a RI lawyer about this?

No I haven’t as of yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

3/27/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Closing costs on in general for a $200,000 sale in RI for attorney's fees run about $800 and for a $300,000 purchase about $850. There are also lender fees that are about $1000-$1200, depending on the lender.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
What do you mean by lender fees?

Thank you for your reply.

Each lender has document fees and appraisal fees and administrative fees that they tack onto a home mortgage, those fees vary by lender. The attorney's fees alone typically are between $800 to less than $1000.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer