Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am about 7 days from closing and I got hit on my credit…

Hi, I am about...

Hi, I am about 7 days from closing and I got hit on my credit report yesterday with a false collections claim. I have already had the report submitted with the company and they are sending me a letter that states the account is closed in good standing. Problem is it could take anywhere from 5 to 14 days to get that letter. How do I keep from losing the house this close to closing?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I had the company they claimed the debt was with send via electrionic transfer the request to close as there is no debt or balance owed today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Henderson NV

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if the underwriter can rip up the loan and not wait for this process to complete.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Nevada law, if the credit agency admits fault, they are required to send you that letter by fax or overnight FEDEX so that you have it to present at your closing. Otherwise they are liable to you for any damages that you sustain as a result of their negligence, including damages from losing the house, which could be substantial.

Tell them you conferred with a lawyer and you demand the letter tomorrow.

Please rate five stars ***** and by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Update: Cox communications found a $389 charge off from 2012. Paid that directly to Cox. I still need a deletion letter from Convergent since I paid COX directly and not Convergent. Otherwise my home loan which was going to close 4/3 will fall through and my family and I will basically be homeless.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer