Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Had a paintball team with a verbal agreement on use of land…

Customer Question
Had a paintball team...

Had a paintball team with a verbal agreement on use of land with no rent. Still paid money every so often to the land owner. After the end of our 2017 season I decided to end the team sell the blow up bunker and about 400 feet of netting and one fill station. After having a seller drive 5 hrs to buy the bunkers the landowner pulled up agresivly and demand they all put the bunkers back and that we were all trespassing. The owner made me return the 1200 dollars and made the buyer leave then handed me 1200 with a bill of sale saying I needed to sign it and that the netting which is not included in the sale of the bunkers and is 1500 worth alone, and fill station stay......and started to state the cabin he let us put there was his to till I informed him I already paid to have it moved along with that I was still paying on the cabin. He agreed to let cabin go and had his son empty it out of the bunkers netting, fill station and netting poles also worth 86 a pole. Basicly I feel as I was forced to do something almost like robbery. Is there anything I can do to get my stuff n or money for my stuff legally

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No not sure what to do or start

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

Was in bonfield IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Price of fill station was 400 that's about it.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/27/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your contractual and consumer law question today.

I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your legal question.

If you signed a bill of sale under duress and compulsion then this bill of sale is voidable by yourself upon a court application. You would need to file suit in the civil court for a declaration that the contract is null an void as it was procured under illegal means.

Equally, you could file a criminal complaint if intimidation or violence was used to procure your signature.

In relation to your loss under the contract and its termination you can sue in the small claims for smaller amounts up to $10,000 or take the matter tot he civil court for greater amounts. You can challenge the compelled sale in that court if the defendant admits it to evidence.

You should bring some memorandum of your contract or proof of payment as these land leases for longer thn 1 year should have some written instrument to be fully enforceable.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive rating to get a credit for my time today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer