Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do I have to attain a Florida attorney for a summons

Do I have to...

Do I have to attain a Florida attorney for a summons delivered to me in Iowa?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No and I have to file an answer in twenty days.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a possible heir and he did not have a Will

3/26/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Thanks I will wait.

If you need representation in a Florida court proceeding then you will need a Florida licensed attorney.You would not use an Iowa attorney for a Florida court case.

If you need assistance finding Florida local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Also, The Florida Bar maintains an excellent online referral program:

FLORIDA BAR ATTORNEY REFERRAL

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Are you still online with me?

Loren, Lawyer
Can I have an Iowa lawyer prepare my lawyer to the summons?