Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am currently separated from my husband who is an

Hi, I am currently...

Hi, I am currently separated from my husband who is an alcoholic. He has been Able to get

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Hi, I am currently separated from my husband at this time. He is an alcoholic and has been unable to work recently. We currently have a home with a remaining mortgage of about $210,000. We would like to try to keep the home however with him not working we may have to sell. Are what

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I am currently newly retired with a fixed income.

3/26/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You can file for divorce here pro se.You can try to resolve the proeprty settlement or court will divide it all 50-50% community property and debts.

Here are the forms to do that

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1033.htm

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
You for your quick reply and for the referral to the website. That is helpful. I will write you five stars. Have a wonderful week.

Have a great day,